Friday, May 21, 2010

Question me; Question yourself

Human nature dictates that we question all that makes us uncomfortable. To question is to enlighten ourselves in the secular, spiritual, and emotional capacities. However, when you question the very core of another being simply because they do not step in line with your views you have crossed a line. No longer do you walk a path of enlightenment. Instead, you march on a journey that leads to tyranny of ideas, of alliances, and of nations.

I often step outside the accepted societal norms and standards that have been indoctrinated into my pschye since the time I was born. My faith and my education have encouraged me in this endeavor in the hopes that my soul will find peace and happieness in the rays of truth. Yet, numerous occassions arise that leave me dumbfound at times and down right irate at other times. If what I say angers or annoys you, then you should question why it is that your overly defensive mind lashes out against me. I do not seek to insult you. I do seek to challenge you; to engage you in conversation with me; to evolve. You, just as I, cannot allow for the bias of your experiences, culture, and opinions to blind you the reality that beyond your world exists another and another. In these worlds awaits for you an awakening that could enable you to walk this earth with confidence and compassion.

One is not a heathen because they do share in the maintenence of your taboos. One is not a racist because they hold differing opinions on certain situations. One is not a radical because they dare to dissent. When a voice, or voices, rise up and implore you to listen then perhaps you should. For once listen to those around you. Those with whom you share this life with have the right to speak, to wonder and maybe, just maybe, they are right. I encourage you to question my view, but do not question my integrity, the core of my being simply because I speak of things that shatter your bubble of reality. If you find your reaction to me fits this description, then question yourself. You might learn something.

No comments:

Post a Comment